Since early 2017 the analyses of anticonvulsants has been transferred from the pharmacological laboratory of the „Gesellschaft für Epilepsieforschung” in Bielefeld to the accredited MVZ Labor Krone, which looks back at a long successful cooperation with the centre for epilepsy Bethel.
We offer a fast and reliable drug monitoring of traditional and new anticonvulsants.
|Traditional anticonvulsants||New anticonvulsants|
* the active metabolite is analysed
Furthermore, we offer drug level monitoring for a series of other drug groups like
benzodiazepines (e. g. Clobazam/DM-Clobazam), antidepressants, antipsychotics and immunosuppressants
- High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Photometric tests
- Antibody based tests (Immunoassay)
A series of factors can influence the measured concentration, for example:
- Time of day and intake of the last dose,depending on the half-life of the anticonvulsant)
- Co-medication (interaction with other anticonvulsants, antibiotics etc.)
- Change in body weight
- Intercurrent liver or kidney diseases
- Age and metabolism of the patient
The medical reports can be transmitted in paper form, as telefax or electronically., They contain reference ranges for the “average therapeutic concentration range”. However, the overall clinical impression of each patient should be taken into account when adjusting the medication in regard to the test results..
- The analysis of anticonvulsants requires 0.5 mL serum or 1.0 mL whole blood
- Samples can be shipped by room temperature
- Our request forms can be ordered via phone 0522 8076184 or email@example.com.
- Order free of charge shipping material under 0522 8076444
Please ensure the patient’s name is printed on the request form as well as on the sample material. Do not use photocopies of the request form.
Existing customers who already use our barcode book, can label the request form and samples with barcodes.